Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Get Paid Doing What You Love

I know this title is like every other self help books but I'm too lazy for something that lengthy so I'll just summarize this within 1 blogpost. My family and friends are all is freakishly talented, and now we're all at the point as young adults where we can cash in on this... Kind of.

Everyone that does know my family knows we're all a very art-centered bunch. And not "arts and crafts" cuz that doesn't count. Every bored housewife that paints on a flower pot is NOT an artist. That's like being talented because you know how to color in the lines. No one gives a shit, you're not impressing anyone, go read a real book (fuck you, Snowqueens Icedragon!).

Okay enough ranting about the wrong thing. The point is that as we were young, we were encouraged to do the things that we love with art. My sister with music; my brother with ... Writing.... And stuff... And me with whatever I felt like doing at the time (fine arts, reading, knitting, crappy movie commentary, etc). Now that we're all older, we can now harness our years of learning new talents to get paid. It's really nice to know that we live in a society that you can make a living doing what you love... But only if you're really good at it.... Maybe even for child molestation. If you think about it, you can only get good at it through years of practice as well... So... Bravo?

I'm going to hell.

1 comment:

  1. Just so everyone knows, I do NOT condone child molestation. Just making a point that practice makes perfect and you can get paid for doing what you love... MOST of the time... It's still a weird sentence.

    ReplyDelete