Friday, June 22, 2012

WTF Bus #13

Okay I know I rant about the people I encounter on the bus a LOT but today's going to be a bit different. This is about the bus system itself. I love that there's a system of public transportation and that we can reduce our carbon footprint or whatever, but after waiting 20 minutes for a bus, you kinda think you're own ability to walk might be faster.

Don't get me wrong, after getting over my fear of buses (children are always told to never get into a car with a stranger) I enjoy them a bit.... a BIT. But now that I have a different bus commute to get used to, it seems really ineffective. Every time I wait for one bus, it takes half an hour before FIVE ARE LINED UP ONE AFTER ANOTHER! It's like a conga line of buses but there's no music, just crammed spaces.

And it always happens that the first bus out of this line is going to have the most amount of people shoved into it. The few 10 or so people that decide to wait for the next one are then rewarded with another bus 1 minute later that has much more space... And then there's a 3rd bus... And a fourth one. Last night when I got off my bus stop, I had to wait for 3 other buses to pass by so I could cross the street. The fourth bus had only ONE person in it.

Just ONE passenger!

She must've felt like royalty. Like she had her own party bus with no music or guests; just a lonely limo drive....

No comments:

Post a Comment