Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WTF Bus #10

You ever meet someone who complained all the time? Even if there was nothing to complain about, they just keep going off about anything that comes up in conversation? Yeah, I spent a good 5 minutes stuck with that guy on the bus.

I'm sitting on the bus, everything's calm and not a big deal, overall pleasant. And then the bus makes it to its first major stop, picking up a lot of people. An older white guy sits down first, and begins to mumble to himself. A few moments later, a middle aged woman sits down next to him and immediately shouts out "UGH, THIS BUS SMELLS LIKE FISH!"

Me being myself, my only thought was "Then close your legs" but I didn't want to say anything inappropriate. But right when she shouted that, the older gentleman sitting next to her spoke in the most Vietnam Vet like voice: "It's the fish market."

Almost a few moments later, the woman shouted again: "This bus smells like fish. Gross."
Older Gentleman: "It's that goddamn fish market. I was down by those damn foreigners, constantly shoving fish around and I kept tellin' them "DON'T TOUCH ME!! DON'T TOUCH ME!!" but none of them speak English and now I smell like damn fish."

Somehow I think this is more information than we need to know but he decided to keep going.

Older Gentleman: Yeah I told them to not touch me, cuz now I stink of fish. Now I gotta wash my new clothes, this fuckin' sucks. I didn't want them to touch me at all but they did all the same and now my goddamn clothes stink like fish.

This man decided to stop his fish rant to look around and saw a young man holding a baby that had a HUGE amount of curly, black hair. He starts to have casual conversation with the young man.
Old Man: That's some hair your kid's got. It's beautiful, how old is she?
Young Man: It's a boy
Old Man: Ah my eyes are all fucked up. I spent $600 to get them fixed up and I still can't see straight. Now I'm callin' your kid a girl cuz my eyes are all messed up...

Can this guy ever just take a break and relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment